Saturday, July 19, 2008

Card A Day


These pictures were taken at my Mom's house of the cards I've sent her.

You see after my Dad died in April my Mom found herself lost. My sister and son who live close by visit her but for me, living in Texas, I too wanted to do something to lift her spirits. I came up with this idea to send her a homemade card a day. It has been about 45 days since that first card arrived in her mailbox and she is totally loving it. I have had such a good time challenging myself to keep the creative juices endlessly flowing and my Mom has a new hobby, stalking the mailman. These pictures are of her kitchen louver doors where she hangs her cards and once the door is filled she takes off the "oldest" card, puts it in a shoebox and replaces it with the new one. This has been so fulfilling. If you happen to know someone who may be lonesome try this, it is wonderful!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Beach said...

Wow lady, those are awesome and such a great idea!!!!
:) Heather

Unknown said...

My mom does this too!! Isn't it funny!